Monday, June 24, 2013

Have a Little Faith

I'm sitting here at work on the couch  listening to the Forgotten Carols with my headphones in, while the girls watch a movie. I can't help but have this over whelming desire to tell you how I feel about my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven.

I don't know if you have ever heard the song "I was not his father, he was mine" but it is an amazing song that talks about what it was like to be the Saviors earthly father.

I am so overwhelmingly grateful to be apart of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I am so eternally grateful to have grown up in such a wonderful family and for having such wonderful examples in my life.
I'm sure every person reading this has gone through their own set of trials and hard times that they thought they would never get through, the times when it seemed like all hope was lost. For me, because of this gospel and because of everything my Savior Jesus Christ did for me I have been able to always see the light at the end of the tunnel, I have always been able to know that all will be okay. As I look back on my life, I can't help but be so humbly grateful for every single thing in my life; the good and the bad. I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for every single one of my trials and blessings, I wouldn't have been able to have helped the people I did, and I wouldn't have been able to become closer to my Heavenly Father, if I hadn't gone through my own personal trials. I know that in these last days, there are a lot of reasons to give up and to stop believing when you think all hope is lost, or when the static of the world or the adversary is so strong that you don't know which way is up or down. But I write this to tell you, keep pushing forward, even if your belief or faith is so small... keep pushing forward. When you face decisions in your life and are not sure which one is right, move forward with faith and trust that the lord will guide you. Because he will!


We will face times in our lives when we have two roads in front of us, and sometimes we have to just keep moving forward in both directions, and let the lord guide us, but we must first be willing to do his will, not matter what it may be.




No comments:

Post a Comment