Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pebble and the Penguin



I don't care what any of you think, but I think one of the best movies is Pebble and the Penguin. I grew up watching this movie, and it has always been a romantic comedy to me. I don't know if my 7 year old self comes out when I watch it, and that's the reason why  I enjoy it so much, or if it's just one of those movies that shows the good guy always wins the girl, and that true love conquers all!

Listen, I'm not one of those people who just likes any movie, or gawk at the simplest of film making, I take my movies serious, I love watching movies, and often go to movies by myself because I really don't mind too. Well, who knows maybe I am someone who gawks at the simplest of films, but who cares as long as I like the movie I don't see any problem with what anyone else thinks. Just please cut me some slack on this blog.

I'm almost certain that if anyone watched this movie today, they would probably say "Oh my gosh, this is a weird movie, let's watch another one." As I am sitting here on a Tuesday afternoon watching this movie with my two cousins who are 6 years old, and 4 years old they can't even sit still and enjoy the movie, because they think it's dumb. Yeah, what does that make me look like when I like this cartoon and my two little cousins don't like it.... I'm just that awesome I guess.

This movie is about a cute dorky penguin name Hubie who tries to find the perfect pebble for the girl he is in love with Marina. He of course gets bullied by the big buff juice head penguin and gets lost at sea. While Hubie is trying to make his way back to Marina, he meets another penguin named Rocko, and he helps Hubie get back to Marina and then they live happily ever... Just watch the movie.



Even though the movie was only made in '95 I still hope that they will remake it, so that the people who are used to Pixar movies, and all the awesome graphics of today would be able to thoroughly enjoy the movie and it's message with the new 21st century film making.























No comments:

Post a Comment