Monday, December 17, 2012

Late night catch up

Had a great talk with an old friend the other night. I haven't seen him in probably 3 years. Life happens right. We both moved places and didn't even keep in touch that much. But it was like old times seeing him, like we didn't even skip a beat.

We planned on just catching up for a half hour, since I had an early run but the half hour turned into 1 hr then 2 then 3 until the clock started winding into the am side.

I don't think I have laughed that hard in a while, it was great conversation about where we are in our lives and how far we have come and the good times we had. It was interesting thinking about where I was a few years ago and the person I was striving to become. I made some mistakes along the way and learned more about myself going through different trials. I'm grateful for everything I have been through. I'm a stronger and better person because of them. All in all, It was a great catch up with an old friend.

I guess it's true no matter where you go in life or how far away you live or how often you keep in touch. True friends just seem to come right back in to your life like it was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment