Friday, December 21, 2012

New Perspective or Doomed


We all know what was supposed to happen on 12/21/12. But if you have been living in a cave that you carved out with a spoon in a remote part of the world. Then I shall give you a little Wikipedia answer... Pretty much according to the mayan calendar the world was supposed to end today... What many people don't know is that they have found more calendars all across the world from the Mayans that show dates for the distant future.

Back to The End of the World, I'm sure all of us have thought a little bit about 12/21/12 and thought What the H. If the world actually ended I would for sure be bummed, ha. I still have so much I want to do and be and accomplish in my life.

I don't know about you, but even though I knew volcanos wouldn't be popping up or earthquakes Quaken, or giant meteors rushing down through the earths atmosphere to wipe out human life. This date still made me take a step back in my life and think about what's important and what I regret or wish I would of done and what I am grateful for.

Today- (day before the world will end)jk
I woke up before the sun wasn't even warm to work out, clean my house and make sure all the laundry was done and packing was done before I drove up to Salt Lake to see my family for Christmas. I then went to a doctor's appointment then off to work for the day. As I was on my way home from work I stopped off at Harmon's to grab some cookies to give to my aunt and their family for Christmas.
Note; I didn't have time to bake, no shame in that. I proceeded home to get ready for one of my best friends bachelorette showers and for my cousins piano recital.
I then enjoyed my time with my aunts family and my dear friends company. As my get together with my friends was coming to a close, I headed home packed up the car and started driving to Cedar City with my friend Kenz and my brother in law. We finally got to my sisters house when Kenz and I had a craving for a taco, so we of course got one and headed back to my sisters for the night.

Ladies and gentlemen I was eating a taco when the world was supposed to end.

My point for explaining my entire day is that I wouldn't of done it any differently. I wouldn't of gone skydiving or traveled to hike machu pichu or found a guy to kiss underneath an umbrella.

Of course there are things I would want to do differently if the world was going to end, but it didn't end. I'm still going to try and live like tomorrow is my last. I'm not any more courageous or spontaneous than I was 24 hours ago, but I do have a little more perspective as I'm just about to fall sleep with the warmth of the fireplace next to me and the view of the sparkling christmas tree at my sisters place.


Thanks for my new perspective 12/21/12. Much obliged.

No comments:

Post a Comment