Sunday, December 30, 2012

Serendipity


Serendipity means a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically,the accident of finding something good or useful while not specifically searching for it. Some might say that Serendipity is no accident at all. The word has been voted one of the ten English words hardest to translate. 

 With the New Year coming up, I'm sure the question of "who will be my New Years kiss?" Is going through many people's minds.


That question used to roll through my mind when I was younger and if I wasn't dating anyone during that time of year. It still kind of rolls through my mind, but not in the way of just wanting to kiss some random stranger. But I guess in the way that maybe that stranger could be something so much more in the new year, something magical. Maybe it’s the time of year, or maybe its all the sappy love shows on during Christmas. 

It's like the moment in Serendipity when Jon and sarah finally find each other on that snowy day in the ice rink after searching for each other for 8 years with the sheer hope of What if? Maybe it's movies like that, that bring a little bit of magic in to peoples lives again. Or maybe it’s watching all the little ones believe in something greater than them selves. Magic is in the air and I am breathing it in. There is always that hope that you will find someone to hold or kiss at midnight, even if the clock is seconds a way from striking twelve. It's like this little piece of magic wondering what if, what if someone just shows up at the door.


As nice as it would be to have a little New Years Eve kiss. I think celebrating The New Year is about spending time with those we love, and enjoying memories of the past year and anticipating the memories of the New Year. I have no plans or big event or party I am going to for New Years Eve. I will probably be at my brother’s house holding my sweet nephew and enjoying my families company when the clock strikes midnight.
 

The New Years Eve song I have always loved, even though it sounds like a sad song, I think it is beautiful and it has always helped me to remember what is most important in my life. If you want to hear a few of the ones I love, just go ahead and click!  
Click Here & Click Here too!! <== I just think she has beautiful voice. :)  


 I didn't put the whole song below, just a few parts.


Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burns          Translation:
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,       Should old acquaintances be forgotten,
And never brought to mind?                   And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot        Should old acquaintances be forgotten,
And auld lang syne?                              And days of long ago?


Chorus:                                                Chorus:
For auld lang syne, my dear,                  
For old long ago, my dear
For auld lang syne,                                For old long ago,
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet                We will take a cup of kindness yet
For auld lang syne!                                For old long ago.


And there's a hand, my trusty fiere,         And there is a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine,                        And give us a hand of yours,
And we'll tak a right guid will.               And we will take a goodwill draught (of ale)
For auld lang syne!                                 For old long ago!


I wish you all a Happy New Year, and I hope that all of you will get what you have been hoping for.  Whether it's a "Happy accident" or Destiny or a loved one coming home from war or a long trip, or remembering the legacy of those we have lost, or being able to be in a warm home with your family and loved ones. I wish you all the absolute best and I hope that this new year brings you what you have been searching for. 











No comments:

Post a Comment