Sunday, December 9, 2012

Choose Joy



On this cold winter Christmassy sunday evening after spending a few hours with some of the most true and amazing people I know. I feel content in my life. I have no rush or unsettlement about who I am or what I'm doing. As the grinch would say; my heart grew two sizes bigger after spending time with them while I was laughing away at all the things we were talking about and the memories we have had.

I felt grateful for my life. I am very blessed, I have a very full life of people I love and things I care about and dreams, hopes, and fears of all kinds. The reason I mention fears, is that I am grateful for them. They push me to do hard things and to go out of my box to spread my wings and be all that I can be.

My fears have helped me run a race, they have helped me say "I love you" when I didn't know what would come from it. They have helped me to stand strong in the face of them, they have helped me to have faith that everything will be okay.

Every time I have faced my fears, I never regretted doing it. I always had a sense of pride and confidence in who I am.

I have a pillow my cute Grammy gave me, it says (Choose Joy) so every time I walk in to my bedroom I see that phrase to remind me of the attitude I strive to have.

I'm an optimist, I believe in the impossible and will always have hope in the darkest of days. I believe in true love, and that I will find that person that gets me. I believe that there is so much good in the world; you just have to find it, and in the goodness of others, it does not Matter who you are or where you have come from, I will always see greatness in you. It's just who I am. I have hope for a better tomorrow and knowing that today is just today and that soon the darkness will fade and the dawn will break.

It's okay to be sad and to be angry; it's an emotion and its okay to feel something. I forget who wrote this quote but I think it goes "today I'm sad and It's okay, I can be happy tomorrow". I love that, it's not about being depressed or that things will never change. When something happens, when your Hurt, when someone dear to you passes away, when your heart has been shattered, when everything seems to be piling in on you, and when you just need a moment to be. It's okay.

It's okay to remember the loved ones we have lost with an aching in the heart, it's okay to hold your heart together with super glue and band aids or (good company/shiny objects) to get through the day. It's okay to cry and to let it out and not be okay for a little bit.

But don't let it consume you and greatness with in you.

Life is too short to be anything but Happy. Laugh when you can, Live in each moment, Love the ordinary days, Get up when you fall, Take chances, Apologize when you should, Stand strong, Enjoy the Warmth of the summer air, and the snowfall of winter, Enjoy the simple act of serving another person, Enjoy the Funny moments with your friends, and the sweet moments of a heart to heart, Forgive quickly, Fall in Love with as many things as you can, Have faith, Open your heart to others and love them with all your might no matter their actions, Take chances, Realize the simple moments of enjoying another’s company, Follow your dreams, And Love with all your Heart. This above all; to your own self be true.






No comments:

Post a Comment