Thursday, January 10, 2013

Greatest Masterpiece of All...

We are such an arrogant generation, aren't we? We are so caught up in our lives, trying to prevent age, trying to impress with money, trying to be someone else to fit in, trying so hard to be something we aren't. We are so worried about fine lines and wrinkles that we forget It's a privilege to grow old, not everyone gets that opportunity.

We must not worry so much of what others think, or what we will look like in 30 years. I just think there would be a lot less stress and a lot more happy people if we weren't judging or worried about being judged.

I believe ordinary people can do extraordinary things, I believe whether we wear designer clothes or hammy downs you can still be amazing, I believe that your past should not define you, I believe that we should always see others as they could be, not as they are. I believe that we should always help others, I believe that there is good in every person, but it's up to us to not judge so quickly based on material things

This life is shorter than we truly realize, and I hope that the time someone has in their life is not wasted. I hope that it is filled to its absolute capacity with love, kindness, laughter; the kind that makes your sides hurt, family, true friends, peace, purpose, long naps on a hammock, kisses underneath a yellow umbrella, triumphs, True love, hardships that make you stronger, trials that humble you, Joys that fill you, dreams, and moments that make you feel like a kid again.

All I know is, if you don't figure out something to do outside the box between now and 90; you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a masterpiece, or a taco, or to love an be loved, or a new store, or a blog! Just create something or do something... new, and there it is, it's you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it.


I cannot wait to be all wrinkly when I'm old, because I want to earn my age; every laugh line, every long day in the sun, every hardship, every love, joy, sorrow, every day I told my husband I loved him, every emotion and event I have ever experienced will be shown on my face, because I earned it. Because I Really Lived. I mean Really Lived!

I don't think you need to hike Mount Everest or win the Nobel prize to say you really lived, I think if you can look your self in the mirror 30 years from now and be happy with it, then that's all that matters. I hope when I'm 80, I can look in the mirror and say I have really loved; the kind of love that plants a fire in your heart and peace in your mind. I think the greatest masterpiece of all is to just love and be loved in return.




No comments:

Post a Comment