Sunday, January 6, 2013

I don't know what I would do without you.


I have had the past few weeks off of school and work and I was planning on heading home about a week ago, but I decided to stay home to spend more time with my family and to help my mom and dad out with a few things.


My moms birthday was this past week, It got me thinking of how grateful I am for her and everything she has done for me in my life. she is a selfless woman and is one of the most if not the most amazing mother I know. For the past 8 years she has struggled with her health and has been fighting with so many different things. She hasn't given up, and i know we wont let her. She never seizes to have hope in all that happens In her life. I'm proud to be her daughter and I hope that I can be half the mother she is to me.



Almost my whole family was at my parents house last night and we were all cooking, cutting, dicing, boiling and getting ready for my nephews baby blessing tomorrow. As we were doing this my mother said to me "I don't know what I would do with out you." I thought to myself "I don't know what I would do with out you woman!"


I have always thought "I have no idea what I would do with out my mother", I seek her advice and counsel, and leaned on her testimony as a child until I gained my own, I learned from her and laughed with her, We have gone on so many adventures together. I don't know what I would do with out her



When she said that to me, it meant the absolute world. It made me feel like I am doing something right. Like I'm the person I have been striving to become. She taught me well. So mom if your reading this thank you for all you have done for me, and thank you for teaching me to be the person I am today. You and Dad are amazing parents and I love you!



Mom, knowing the person you are and in light of your birthday . I dedicated my testimony of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints to you.


I know with such a surety in my heart, mind and spirit that this is the only true church on the earth. I know it to be true. I am fully devoted to my lord and my god. The lord can count on me to bring forth many in to the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.  I know that I am a very special daughter of an almighty god. I know that I have a duty to him and I am excited to lead and guide in these last days. As it says in my patriarchal blessing, I have the gift of faith, of unwavering faith. Even in my darkest of days and even in my darkest hour, My faith in my savior Jesus Christ did not diminish, it is what kept me going. My faith is undeniable and powerful, not only for my self but by my example I have seen my gift of faith change others lives.

 I know that Joseph smith was and is a true prophet of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. I know and am understanding more of his sacrifice and obedience to serve the lord. I am grateful for his determination to bring forth the gospel even when he was being beaten down by words. He had remarkable faith in his lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

 After my experience in Nauvoo with Grammy and Grandpapa, I have a tender love and testimony of Emma Smith. She did more than many realize. She also had remarkable faith. She kept going, no matter the loss of her children or the places she called home, she persevered onward. She stood by her husband with sheer and true faith. I know the lord has blessed her.

I know my savior Jesus Christ died for me on the cross, I know he knows me by name and is aware of my trials and my joys. I know he knows exactly how I feel and knows my heart in all of my doings. I am grateful to have such an amazing big brother. I strive to know my savior and my heavenly father more and more, and I work on that everyday. My love for them has grown immensely over the years and continues to grow the more I come to understand the atonement and the gospel.

 As the song goes “I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I know who I am, I know gods plan, I will follow him in faith.” That right there is my life motto and who I am. The adversary is aware of my strength and I know this, I have had experiences to test my faith with fear. But I also know that by the power of Jesus Christ the adversary has no power over me. It took me a while to understand and realize that. As I live my life righteously and rely fully on the lord, I know my strength and my power, but I also know that it is not all my own I know that the lord is by my side assisting me in all that I do. I do not Fear anymore, the adversary is real, but so is my Lord and my God.

My favorite scripture that comes to mind more often than not, it is D&C 121:7-9

“My son or (daughter), peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then if thou endure it well, god shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.”

I want you to know as my mother that you have a very strong daughter who will not waiver in these last days. I may not have a pure knowledge of the gospel, but I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be as true as I know you and dad to be my parents, It’s something that I will never deny.

 I will forever treasure the time I have had with you through out my life. I hold those memories dear to my heart. Thank you for your time… That is what I treasure the most, is your time with me, nothing more.

I Love You!
                                                                 Happy Birthday Mom


If there is one thing in life I am sure about it's my parents love and the truth of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment