Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros and Cons of being Tall

The top 3 questions people ask that are worn out on a weekly basis are...
Wow, your tall.
How tall are you?
Do you play basketball?

Really people, can't you come up with something original, like are you related to the giant who tried to kill jack? What am I supposed to say to the first question ( yes, I am! Good ice breaker.)

To the 3rd question- one time I was shopping in Nike and got so fed up with the 3rd person in a row asking if i played basketball, so I said "Yes! I actually play for USC woman's basketball team!"
The persons eyes got big and excited with a response "That's so cool! I will look for you during this next season!" I respond "You do that."


To answer those questions; yes, yes I am tall. I'm 6.1" and yes I did play basketball and loved it!



Cons of being Tall

Most skinny jeans are capris.

You fall harder to the ground.

Dresses that are supposed to be warn with leggings are perfect shirts.

Long legs are nice until your knees are shoved behind an airplane seat.- short people don't covet the exit row on an airplane like tall people do.

Funny one- while sitting watching an event, you notice a cute guy. you both make casual repeated eye contact and the moment it's over you both stand up... "Oh, I didn't think you would be a foot shorter than me." Automatic friend zone.

Most couches suck to sleep on- too short.

Getting in to a backseat of a Honda civic- talk about squeezing in with those longs legs.

Always put in the back of pictures- (this especially sucks when you have a way
cute outfit on)

Standing up to stretch and then your hand hits the ceiling fan.- talk about ninja move when that happens.

The shorter guys always go after you. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who have married Guys who are shorter or girls who are taller and it doesn't bother them. Love is love to me, you can't help who you fall in love with. I just love having a guy taller than me, it just makes me feel protected and I just love the feeling of it.



Pros of being Tall

You can scope out to see if there are any cute guys taller than you, quicker than your cute little shoulder height friend can reach the top of your head. The great part is once you have scoped out a place and there is nothing, you can sit back and relax and watch your friends worry.


Everyone automatically assumes your tough, so then you become the "body guard" friend

^^ when someone is offensive, disrespectful, forceful to you or your friends. It's fun using your height- most of the time they shut up the second you stand up.

If your a girl you give great mom hugs.. ;)

You can always see over people who are in front of you at a theater- most of the time

Your noticed more

You can have around 300 more calories than your shorter friends- ya buddy!

You can always reach the top shelf

You could go on the roller coaster rides before all your friends, because in second grade you were as tall as your teacher.



Best comeback to a tall person joke:

Q: "How is the weather up there?"

A: "You have bird poop on your head."




No comments:

Post a Comment